Thursday, May 24, 2007

I mailed my tea swap buddy her package yesterday. I had a lot of fun searching for things that I think she will like. She seems to be a lot like me. I spent the weekend indulging in some retail therapy in the Big City. They have great thrift stores there. I scored a 3 ply cashmere in a nice rasberry color for $20.00. Yummm.
We went to DeYoung Museum and saw the Vivian Westwood Exibit. It was amazing. The construction, tailoring, use of fabric, and the sheer size of the clothing. Then we wandered over to look at some 3000 year old Mayan art. The museum has been remodeled since I have been there. The stone lions near the front door remain. I remember these from my childhood.
I don't have any knitting on my needles at the moment. I injured my thumb a month ago and I am waiting for it to heal. I get a lot of kidding at work about having a "knitting" injury.
The neighbors having a party on Saturday, all of the girls will be there. Their eldest son, who is the cutest boy in the world, has just graduated from high school. He is off to college to study how to be a winemaker like his daddy. Support this family, buy a couple of cases of their most excellent wine.

No comments: